From 25 May 18
This privacy notice sets out how Westward Housing Group collects, uses and protects your information. Westward includes:
- Westward Housing Group Ltd
- New Horizon Homes Ltd (trading as Horizon Homes)
- Help to Buy South West managed in partnership by New Horizon Homes Ltd and Sovereign Living Limited
- Sharewest Ltd
We are committed to ensuring your privacy is protected and:
- data is kept safe and secure
- data is handled legally, responsibly and ethically
- we are open and transparent about what data we are using and why
- we only collect what we need
We may change this privacy notice by updating it on our website – this current notice is effective from 25 May 2018 (previous versions are available on request); you should check from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes.
The information provided in this notice gives an overview and examples of data processing, it does not necessarily include every scenario. If there is anything you don’t understand or you have any feedback on this notice please contact the Data Protection Officer email@example.com or see our Data Protection Policy.
HELP TO BUY AND HOME OWNERSHIP CUSTOMER INFORMATION (including HH open market purchases, etc.)
Help to Buy is a government scheme. The Help to Buy South West contract is managed in partnership by New Horizon Homes Ltd and Sovereign Living Limited.
Horizon Homes builds high quality homes for sale on the open market.
What we do with the information we gather
We may use the information you give us:
- to provide a service that you request or to perform a contract to which you are party, for example, a Help to Buy application
- to understand your needs and provide you with a better service
- for internal record keeping
- to improve our products and services
- we will only send you marketing information where you have requested it; you can opt out at any time
- to occasionally contact you (by email, phone, or mail) for market research purposes
- to customise the website according to your interests
- to comply with our legal and government contract obligations
As part of the online Help to Buy application, there is automated decision-making as applicants must meet qualifying criteria in order to be eligible for the scheme. Customers can contact Help to Buy South West if they wish to discuss their decision.
How we store your information
Some information is stored on paper, but mostly it is stored electronically. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information.
Sharing your information
We only share your information where we are legally entitled to do so, such as:
- to provide you with the services you require (such as repairs and maintenance contractors)
- to comply with the law
- to seek legal advice or in connection with court proceedings or statutory action to enforce compliance with tenancy conditions
- child protection and safeguarding issues
- where there is a health and safety risk or other risk to yourself, staff and others
- where you have provided consent (such as customer consent for photos or films)
We may share your information with third parties from time to time, such as:
- NHS and Primary Care trusts
- Partner landlords
- Legal advisors, the courts, our insurers and auditors
- Health professionals
- Contractors providing maintenance and other housing related services
- Consultants providing services to us
- Utility and telephone companies
- Supporting People administrative authorities
- Local Authorities, government regulators and agencies (such as the Department of Work and Pensions, Regulator of Social Housing or Homes England)
- Credit checking agencies and debt recovery agents
- Charities and voluntary organisations and our support partners
In particular, customers need to be aware:
- current or forwarding addresses may be shared with utility companies and local authority council tax departments to ensure billing details are correct
- if you default on tenancy/licence conditions, information about you may be provided to authorised debt recovery agencies to enable them to recover the debt and/or may be shared with other landlords as part of a reference; this may affect your future applications for tenancies, credit and insurance
- we may discuss your financial situation, rent payments (including any arrears) and any claims made for welfare benefits with an external debt advice agency, welfare rights advisor, government welfare and benefits agencies, or local authority housing advice and homeless prevention teams to make sure benefits are paid correctly
- we may pass your contact information to a third party to conduct surveys and research on our behalf to improve the services we offer. The third party would be bound to strict terms and conditions outlined by us and would not share your data with other organisations. You can opt out by contacting us.
- we may pass your email to third parties providing our customer incentive scheme. The third party would be bound to strict terms and conditions outlined by us and would not share your data with other organisations. You can opt out by contacting us.
- we may share your information as part of a safeguarding report where we have concerns about your wellbeing, safety and/or security (this is permitted within safeguarding laws)
- we may share your National Insurance number to verify your Universal Credit application and manage these payments
- we may also share your National Insurance number in order to prevent and investigate tenancy and Right to Buy applications fraud
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for their marketing purposes.
We would like to provide you with information about events, services and other information which we think you may find interesting. We may send you such information by post, email or contact you by telephone. You can let us know at any time how you prefer to be contacted or if you do not want us to contact you with this information.
How long we keep your information
We only store your information for as long as is reasonably necessary for us to fulfil the purposes set out in this notice; usually a maximum of six years after you cease to have a relationship with us or if we are in dispute with you until legal proceedings have ended, whichever is longer.
If you have provided information to us in relation to a potential tenancy, or a job or board member vacancy or other contract that turns out to be unsuccessful, we delete the information within 6 months.
Telephone calls are kept for up to 12 months and calls that are deemed abusive or threatening are kept until any investigation action is completed.
CCTV images are retained for up to two or, where applicable, until any investigative action is completed.
Some basic tenancy information is kept for longer as evidence to support the level of discount available should a former tenant apply for the Right to Buy or Right to Acquire.
We review the information we hold every year and dispose of information securely.
In using the Westward website, you consent to the collection and use of information, and cookies by both us and our business partners as detailed in our privacy notice.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website owners.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
These cookies are used to collect anonymous information about how visitors use our websites. Like many organisations, we use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Click here for an overview of privacy at Google.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Links to other websites
Third-party content within our website
You may request details of the personal information we hold about you, this is known as a subject access request. We need to verify your identification and have a month to respond.
If you believe information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, contact us and we will investigate and update our information. Tenants can access and update some of their information via a ‘My Account’ on our website: www.westwardhousing.org.uk/myaccount
Under some circumstances, you may have a right to have information erased, restricted and/or prevent us processing your information; please contact us.
You may opt-out of receiving our newsletters and surveys at any time.
If you wish to take a copy of your data across to a new data controller, please contact us.
Please be aware that if you do not provide relevant information, we may be unable to provide you with the services you have requested.
Queries and complaints
If you believe we have not handled your information correctly please let us know first so we can put it right:
Lucy Rickson, Data Protection Officer (DPO) firstname.lastname@example.org or
Westward Housing Group
You have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO):
Tel: 0303 123 1113
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of Westward’s collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests should be sent to the DPO.
If you or someone you know would like this information on CD, in large print, braille, or translated into another language, please contact our Communications Team on 0300 303 8530 or email email@example.com
Westward Housing Group information
Westward Housing Group incorporates:
Westward Housing Group Ltd (an exempt charity and Community Benefit Society 7350). Registered office: Templar House, Collett Way, Newton Abbot TQ12 4PH. Also at Tarka House, Clovelly Road Industrial Estate, Bideford EX39 3HN. Website: www.westwardhousing.org.uk Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: 0300 100 1010 and fax: 01626 355137.
New Horizon Homes Ltd (trading as Horizon Homes) (Company registered in England and Wales No. 7625039). Registered office: Templar House, Collett Way, Newton Abbot TQ12 4PH. Tel: 01803 219090. Website www.horizonhomes.co.uk Email: email@example.com
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. By using this website you hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Social Media Competition Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is: Help to Buy South West whose registered office is at Templar House, Collett Way, Newton Abbot, TQ12 4PH .
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of Help to buy South West or Westward Housing and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via interaction with a Facebook post.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be 20th December 2018. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- Like the post that outlines the competition
- Comment on the post that outlines the competition
- Like the Help to Buy South West facebook page https://www.facebook.com/helptobuysw/
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows:
- 1 X Dunelm Mill Hamper to the maximum value of £38
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen: at random by software, from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents
- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The entrant must be following @helptobuysw on Facebook in order to enter.
- Help to Buy South West shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.